Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pay It Forward - A Friend in Need

Over the course of the last few months I have gained a new friend - Todd Brookhart. I was "re-introduced" to Todd by another friend, Mike Volan. Mike knows us both and new of my journey with cancer. Todd was diagnosed late last year with the same cancer I HAD. I have spent many phone conversations answering Todd's questions and discussing my experienes with Todd. I have told Todd that it means more to me than it could possibly mean to him to share my experiences. In a very small way I am "Paying it Forward". It feels wonderful to feel like I am helping in some small way. I know my experience with Todd is one of the many reasons I am cancer free, I just know it!

Todd is beginning treatment today and is very likely being radiated for the first time as I write this email. One of the things that meant the world to me was all of the visits to and comments on my blog during my treatment and recovery. We all live busy lives, which is truly a blessing. If you have a chance please visit Todd's blogg and post a comment at www.tbnbb.blogspot.com. I can't tell you how much it will mean to him.

Be well,

Glen

3 comments:

Kristie McGee said...

So glad to hear of your consistent "cancer-free" health. We are going into our 3rd year of this crazy exhausting ride. Doc here not sure what more he can do for Joey, so we are going to UCSF beginning of May. Again I am So happy for you and your family, Glen. Take care, Kristie McGee

kristie mcgee said...

PS. My email is wingdiva07@hotmail.com , Please write me anytime.:)

Linda Parker Hamilton said...

Hey Glen & Joyce!

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see you at Dave's release party! I'm not sure I have your current email, so I hope this reaches you. I wanted to move us forward on getting together. I'd like to spend some time with you guys.

When you responded to my apology for not keeping in contact by saying, "That's life!" I was so appreciative. I have come to a better sense of this as well. In lieu of the beautiful large piece of original art we hope to someday have on our dining room wall, we leave a display of our holiday cards up for pretty much the entire year. With some friends and even family, that's all we see of them. But it's still wonderful to be connected to them! (You guys are up there!) And it's all we can do right now. It just has to be enough.

By the way, Glen, when my folks asked about you, I told them, "Oh my gosh, you should see him. He's just glowing!" You've always been a warm, loving person, but the gratitude and love I feel in your presence is palpable. I'm so glad you are feeling better and cancer-free!! And it felt great to see you guys again!

We hope to see you again soon!
Linda
Linda Parker Hamilton